Once Upon A School Limited
I have a deep interest in optimising social outcomes in Australia through application of commercial strategy, finance, risk, governance frameworks in the education and health sector supporting children, young adults and the elderly. I hold a director portfolio encompassing government, not-for-profit, and SME private enterprise boards.
Through senior executive roles in Australian and global corporations over the last 7 years I have demonstrated an ability to formulate and execute strategy to increase stakeholder value, while balancing diverse stakeholder needs within enterprise-wide risk and governance frameworks. I have optimised processes and delivered superior financial outcomes whilst developing high performing teams across dispersed and diverse geographies by fostering a spirit of trust, respect, collaboration, commitment to change, high performance and compliance.
Prior to this, I was a Senior Audit Manager with KPMG in Australia and Japan for six years where I managed an audit portfolio of a diverse range of organisations in the public, private, tertiary education, aged care and government sectors. I led a global international audit team, implemented Sarbanes Oxley internal control procedures and was the firm’s US SEC compliance and risk management lead in Japan. At KPMG I provided technical training to staff in Australia and Japan, assisted in preparing submissions to KPMG’s US capital markets groups in response to the Securities Exchange Commission’s requests for client responses to draft standards and to audited financial statements.
In addition, I was an External Independent Advisor to the Audit Committee and Board of Cochlear and established and facilitated the Audit Committee Roundtable forum for the Audit Committee of State Government organisations in New South Wales.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
▪ Deep understanding of the Corporations, Public Audit and Finance Act, ASX Corporate Governance Principles, Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission Governance Principles; International and United States Financial and Reporting Standards and associate regulations.
▪ Financial and Operational Transformation – developing and executing strategy to address financial and operational risks that result from external and internal changes, including regulatory changes, market volatility, corporate events, outsourcing and insourcing
▪ Consistently delivering revenue growth and operating margins improvements in challenging markets, industries and economic environments.
▪ Evaluating complex business models, organisational strategies and risk management plans.
▪ Public Speaking – Finance Transformation; Futures for finance leadership – Innovation, Disruption, Cultural Diversity, Cultural Intelligence
▪ Developing cross-cultural empowered teams, which business partner and think