Ms. Watson is a marine environmental risk and compliance management professional with over 18 years of experience in the offshore energy sector. Spanning her career, she has worked for international oil and gas operators and engineering consultancies liaising with government agencies in Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Europe, and the Middle-East.
She has held positions of responsibility overseeing the environmental and social performance of international oil and gas operations. Specific areas of expertise include:
• Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Environmental Management Plans (EMP);
• Environmental risk identification and management;
• Marine conservation and environmental protection;
• Environmental monitoring;
• Inspections and auditing;
• Oil spill response planning and preparedness activities;
• Stakeholder engagement activities and workshops; and
• Compliance and sustainability reporting.
Ms. Watson is an active committee member of Women in Subsea Engineering (WISE), a not for profit group formed in 2016 when the Board of Subsea Energy Australia decided to contribute to the goal of achieving gender parity within the subsea sector. WISE undertakes a range of activities aimed at attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting women in the subsea engineering field.