VP & Head (BU – Vacations Exotica)
Raj currently leads the Holiday business of Balmer Lawrie that operates under the brand more popularly known as Vacations Exotica and is based in Mumbai. Prior to this, as part of the Balmer Lawrie’s in-house strategy consulting team that supports the group’s seven unique and diversified strategic business units and seven other joint ventures and subsidiaries, was in an advisory role to the Chairman & Managing Director of the Company for 5+ years.
Raj is an Executive Management Professional from IIM-C, and received his B.E. in Mechanical from University of Pune. A certified Six Sigma Green Belt from GE, Raj has published international technical paper in 2006 SAE World Congress.
Raj’s professional journey so far helped him break certain stereotypes and explore some of the fascinating industries, both from manufacturing and services sector:
• Travel & Tourism, Logistics, Lubes & Chemicals, Packaging – Balmer Lawrie
• Automotive, Engineering & Industrial Services, Consulting – TCS & HM (Amby & Mitsubishi)
• Automotive, Material Science, Engineering & Technology – General Electric
• Virtual Engineering, Automotive R&D – SDRC Chanel Partner, Tata Tech. (Tata Motors)
Participated in various engagements in USA, Europe and Asia, Raj has nearing two decades of solid wealth of experience in:
• Crafting winning strategies
• Building execution powerhouse
• Building organizational capabilities
• Deploying different levers of business to deliver sustained high performance
• Leading change management and business transformation initiatives
• Turing around businesses
Known for his Intuitive Intelligence, clear & strategic thinking, unyielding integrity, high level of energy and passion, result orientation and focus in flawless execution, a motivational leader, built and led large cross functional and high performance teams that produced repetitive corporate success and exceeded management expectations.
As an industry cross-pollinator and advocate of interdisciplinary, Raj is excited to continue exploring, learning, challenging, contributing and leading some of the exciting things happening in current times – The Digital Age.