Founder and Principal – Primary School, Founder and Principal – Primary School
Prabha holds a Masters in Business Systems from Monash University, Australia, aB.Ed. from IGNOU, New Delhi and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education Leadership from CEMD – SOL. She also holds a Diploma in Spanish from the Government of Mexico and has taught English and Spanish to several professionals and expatriates in Mexico and India.
A part of the Founding team at AAIS, Prabha currently leads the Primary School, as Principal- Primary School and IB PYP Coordinator. Working with teachers and students, Ancora imparo.” – “I’m still learning, always learning.” is a tiny, yet powerful reminder, from Michaelangelo, that she strives to live by. Prabha feels that she is deeply influenced by several teaching-learning philosophies, including that of Jiddu Krishnamurthy, Dr. Abdul Kalam, Loris Malaguzzi and John Dewey.
Prior to becoming an educator, Prabha spent close to a decade in Technology Consulting, at which time, she taught Languages and the Performing Arts, in other settings.
When not working, Prabha may mostly be found curled somewhere, with a book. She also enjoys dabbling with technology and explores ways to integrate technology with education. Prabha is also an accomplished Indian Classical dancer, having performed both in India and overseas. She enjoys travelling, because she believes that it is a gateway to meet new people and explore new places and ways of living.
Organization website: www.akshararbol.edu.in
Prabha S. Dixit
Tel: +91 96771 44419 Email: email@example.com
Post-Graduate Diploma in Education Leadership, SOL-CEMD, New Delhi, India – June ’18 – ‘19
Bachelor of Education, IGNOU, New Delhi, India – Jan ’13 – June ‘15
Master of Business Systems, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia – Feb ’01 – July ‘02
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), University of Madras, Chennai, India – June ’97 – May ‘00
Advanced Diploma in Network centered computing – NIIT – June ’97 – May ‘99
Principal – Primary School & IB PYP Coordinator, Akshar Arbol International School, Chennai, India – June ’19 – Present
- Lead team of Primary School teachers to plan, design, implement teaching-learning.
- Build parent engagement programmes in order to build an effective Learning Community
- Liaison between the IBO and School for all matters pertaining to Programme Implementation.
- Chair of the IB PYP South India and Sri Lanka Network
IB Primary Years Programme Coordinator, Akshar Arbol International School, Chennai, India – Oct ‘11 – May ‘18
- Lead the School in the IB PYP Authorisation in 2014 and the First 5-year review of the Programme in 2018.
- Lead team to develop School Curriculum documents in the Primary School.
Project Consultant, Mercer Consulting, Mexico City, Mexico – Mar ’08 – June ‘08
- Conducted market research on compensation practices in Governments worldwide to devise a system for the client
- Built a Visual Basic program integrating 2 databases enabling integration of systems post acquisition.
English Language Instructor, Quincy Language Institute, Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico – Apr ’07 – Dec ‘07
- Taught English language to a class of 15 executives making them proficient in the language to meet business needs.
Project Manager, TATA Consultancy Services, Mexico City, Mexico – Jan ’07 – Mar ‘07
- Lead a Onsite-Offshore team of four on a knowledge transfer project for a large stock brokerage client. Coordinated
Onsite –Offshore team in preparation for development phase through environment, systems and resource planning.
- Lead the client team through change management processes.
Project Consultant, Arcelor Mittal, Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico – Sep ’06 – Dec ‘06
- Evaluated impact of SAP implementation across functions and charted a Change Management Plan.
- Reviewed and implemented SAP access control and authorizations based on SOX and Internal Audit requirements.
Trainer, Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Ltd., Chennai, India – May ’05 – Nov ‘05
- Brought the well-acclaimed Adam Khoo training curriculums from Singapore to India, for the first time.
- Successfully enrolled & trained 102 students on accelerated learning techniques, communication & leadership skills.
Project Consultant, Mahindra Holiday India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, India – May ’05 – Jan ‘06
- Executed a diagnostic due diligence on applicability and impact of PCMM in Hospitality business and charted a framework to the Board on the road ahead, including defining new competencies and talent management initiatives.
Consultant, Deloitte, Australia& India – Feb ’03 – Dec ‘04
- Created two knowledge management databases, on Siebel best practices and managing offshore engagements, which still guide CRM practice for quality reviews and Business Development.
- As integral part of global CRM implementation for Hewlett Packard, initiated effective administration and rollout of Visual Source Safe for the first time in the organization.
- Had the distinction of being assigned full responsibility early in career for managing projects independently. Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills in delivering the project within tight time lines.
- Systemized an incentive compensation process through module reengineering & functional design.
- Seamlessly operated across diverse modules in Siebel.
- Displayed problem solving skills and cognitive decision making in meeting service level agreements.
Assistant Lecturer– Monash University, Melbourne, Australia – Feb ‘02 – July ‘02
- Lectured and directed 90 students from diverse backgrounds, in Business Process Design
- Siebel 7 Certified Core Consultant. Qualified with a score of 94% – Jan ‘04
- Competent inSQL, ABAP, C, C++, MS Office Tools
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
- Accomplished Indian Classical (Bharatanatyam) dancer:
- Performed widely in India and overseas, acclaimed in several regional and national dailies. Was awarded titles by 2 leading cultural bodies in India for proficiency.
- Run a dance school in Mexico city imparting this dance form.
- Lead a team of 7 and raised funds for families of war victims at college
- As President of students’ union, lead a team of 16 and successfully organized the first inter-collegiate cultural meet