Architect, Urban Planner
• After receiving his Gold medal in Architecture in 1990 Nilanjan Bhowal went on to do Post-Graduate Specialization in Energy-efficient Architecture from Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, TURKEY
• He finished his Masters of Architecture from Catholic University, BELGIUM, specializing in Human Settlements.
• He has worked on UNDP (Belgium), UNCHS (Nairobi) Urban Revitalisation projects.
• He has designed several Urban Development plans (Master Plan for Chitrakote, Bastar, Chhattisgarh), Uttaranchal Tourism and Jammu & Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation and Urban Conservation (Sirpur Temple Site, Chhattisgarh, Kangla Fort, Manipur , Open Jail Site, Bastar, Chhattisgarh) Resorts for JKTDC and Institutional Projects in Goa, Cochin, Chennai, Mumbai, Chhattisgarh, Kolkata, Delhi, Uttaranchal, Haryana using sustainable and appropriate alternative building technology.
• His projects (ranging from Urban design, hospitality, conservation, institutional as well as interiors have been published in over 200 National as well as International magazines.
• He has been a visiting faculty and jury member at various colleges of Architecture in Delhi and Gujarat.
• He is the recipient of over 35 national awards from the Institute of Indian Interior Designers, Indian Institute of Architects, JK Architect of the year, NDTV design award in 2014 & 2016, HUDCO award for conservation in 2014 & 2016 and TERI as well as IGBC green Building Awards.
• He has presented papers at all major Indian National Conferences of Architecture as well as Conferences in the US and Europe.