Dr. Mamta Fomra
ALL Madurai Chapter Chairperson & WEF Madurai 2020 Convenor.
Founder, Designer & Creative Head at brand MAMTA FOMRA, since 1995
Founder, Mamta Fomra Institute of Fashion Management and Arts
Founder, Mamta Fomra Foundation and Entrepreneur/Academician/Humanitarian/Community Leader/ Philanthropist/ Mentor/Guest Lecturer/Motivational Speaker
MAMTA FOMRA is the first designer label in Madurai, with a significant presence in the city. Her eye for detail, passion for aesthetics, discerning taste, and above all, her love for people make the MAMTA FOMRA creation a unique and individual style statement. Her vision to develop and support the weavers across India has driven the designer ever since 1995.
Dr. Mamta has pioneered in customized coaching in Fashion Designing through Mamta Fomra Institute of Fashion Management and Arts.
Philanthropy & Community Engagements:
Dr. Mamta supports weavers across India through her brand MAMTA FOMRA.
She has mentored Women, students and children for the past 15 years. She is a motivational speaker and is most passionate about giving back to the society. She empowers women through Mamta Fomra Foundation. She also trains and supports domestic help workers by giving them training in hand work and thereby creating sustainable income. Mamta has volunteered for social services through various organizations and continues to mentor and support women.
She has been covered by many publications like The Hindu Tamil dailies – Dinamalar and Dinathandi and by the prestigious Madurai Messenger magazine run by the UK based organization Projects Abroad. Mamta has done live question and answer session through radio, encouraging young minds to take arts, creativity and fashion.
Mentor Cherie Blair Foundation, UK
Mentor at the WE – Women Entrepreneurs, Chamber of Commerce.
Awards & Accolades:
• The “Sthree Honor Of Excellence Award”, in 2002.
• Outstanding entrepreneur from Jennifer Mclntyre, Consul General of the U.S. Consulate General at the Chamber of Commerce, 2014.
• “Best Madurai Woman” award for outstanding contribution in the field of designing for over two decades, 2016.
• Best Women Entrepreneur Award by Tamil Nadu Achievers Conference And International Global Peace University At Russian Centre Of Science And Culture, 2017.
• Business Achiever Award, at the Chamber Of Commerce, 2018
• Honorary Doctorate Degree, 2018, at the Constitution Club of India, New Delhi.
• Exceptional Women Of Excellence from Dr. Harbeen Arora at the Women Economic Conference (WEF), New Delhi, 2019.
• India Business Awards for Outstanding Women Entrepreneur & Fashion Designer In Madurai, Bangalore, 2019.