Founder Of Breakthegap , Breakthegap
• Journalism bachelor degree at Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) in 1995. Masters degree in International Relations at Instituto de Estudios Europeos Jean Monnet in 2005 and PDD at IESE in 2008. She is a PhD candidate in Gender Studies at UCM, research topic “Talent retention in organizations”.
• She is currently partner-director at BreakTheGap, an organization specialized in consulting for gender balanced organizations that offers gender and diversity diagnosis and participatory audits (ILO certified), female retention plans, training, coaching, etc. She has collaborated in gender consulting and PGA programs with Jacobs, Deutsche Bank, British Petroleum, Cisco and Down Foundation, amongst others.
• She previously worked at Accenture as an international strategy and change management consultant for more than 17 years. She has led projects in different sectors such as the private sector (Deutsche Bank, Barclays Bank, Telefonica Chile, AON, Zurich…), the public sector (Social Security Labour Inspection, European Union Business Registers, Barcelona City Council, Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality, etc.) as well as NGOs (Red Cross and AECC). Laura also worked for the Spanish Foreign Affairs Office at the UN General Direction.
• Laura is a Diversity and Gender certified facilitator by the International Labour Organization PGA program and has recently been appointed UN_Women 2015-16 Global Champion for the Empower Women initiative. She has led diversity an inclusion initiatives at Accenture where she was ambassador of the “Ethics and Compliance Committee”, member of the “People Advocate Committee” and LGTB corporate champion.
• She is a member of the Professional Women’s Network and is collaborating actively in its initiative with Universities and Business Schools.
• Laura is fluent in Spanish, English and French.