Kishor Chandrakant Dharia
President, Hirwal Group
Kishore Dharia is the President of Hirwal Group, which comprises of social endeavours, under advice and guidance by Padmavibhushan Dr. Mohan Dharia, founder Vanrai Trust, Pune. Massive work has been done by his group in diverse fields such as agriculture environment, education, women empowerment, skill training etc. Here is a brief overview of Mr Kishor Dharia’s Social Activities:
A. Environmental Activities:
i. He has been an inspiration in transforming Majheri gaon into an Adarsh gaon is also an organized for the same.
ii. Organizer of “Swachhata Abhiyan” under the guidance of Dr. Shri. Appasaheb Dharmadhikari (Shri Nanasaheb Dharmadhikari Pratishthan).
iii. Chief promoter of Mohan Dharia Gandhari river rejuvenation. More than 20 embankments were constructed, drinking water provision efforts made for
more than 22 villages. The “Waterman” Shri. Rajendra Singhji (Magsaysay Award winner) is the main supporter in these activities and even Hon. Shri. Girishji Mahajan and Hon. Shri Praveen Darekar were present for this Nobel cause.
iv. Pure drinking water facilities made available at Raigad Fort, inaugurated by Hon. Shri Tanaji Satre (Commissioner of Konkan Division).
v. Till date he has planted more than 25,000 trees and saplings in Mahad Taluka.
vi. Protection of Forts-The archaeology department has passed a proposal to undertake cleaning and maintenance of our Heritage Forts due to efforts again shown by Hirwal.
vii. Mangroves Protection Group in Raigad District- In the view of protection of mangroves vegetation and mangroves associated species on coastal area in Mumbai & Raigad District, Hirwal organized various camps with the help of local social organizations to spread awareness of protection of mangroves of various rare species of Flora and Fauna in the area which are the main media of our environmental balance till today. With the guidance of Hirwal Pratishthan every year 3 awareness camps are organized for this movement.
B. Agricultural and SHG :
i. Agricultural camps divulging guidance and latest technical information to the farmers are done.
ii. In Agriculture, providing latest technology training to farmers. This has helped peanut plantation to go up from 50 hectares to 300 hectares successfully.
iii. Established more than 5000 Self Help Group’s in Mahad and surrounding areas to enable microfinance and independence to women.
C.OTHER SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
1. Conducting various health camps such as special camps for handicapped, free health service camps for children of soldiers and families, eye donation awareness
2. Initiated a project called “schools with computers”. The efforts in this project have borne fruits with ten local schools being equipped with computers to teach
students and this extremely unique project is still going strong.
3. In association with and co-operation of Scientific Research Centre, several camps and seminars giving information about astronomical basics are organized. These
camps are attended by at least 5000 people and there is a growing demand for them.
4. HIRWAL holds numerous creative and talent showcasing, activities for children every year. Fort building, mud and clay sculpture, lantern making, rangoli,
drawing, workshop for handicapped, funfair for children free of charge are the other informational and entertainment filled activities are carried out.
POSITIONS OF HONOUR:
• President of Hirwal Pratishthan.
• President of Federation NGO’s in Raigad District.
• Working President Confederation NGO’s Rural –CNRI (All India).
• Member of Mangroves and Coastal Regulation Zone Raigad District Committee (CRZ).
• President of Satguru Anant Maharaj Vidyalaya, Nate.
• President of Past Student association of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College.
• President of Raigad Cable owners Association.
• Founder and Chairman of College of International Information Technology and Hirwal Education Trust.
• Founder and Chairman of Hirwal Dilasa & Disha Mahila Bachant Gat.
• Chief Organizer “VANRAI”-Raigad and Mumbai.
• President-“Jivan Adhar” –Navi Mumbai
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
• On 3rd April 2002, the Nehru Yuva Centre has honored him by giving a
‘Raigad Yuva Puraskar’ by the golden hands of Bapusaheb Nene, for environmental efforts.
• “Raigad Bhushan”- District Zilla Parishad Mr Kishor Dharia is also engaged in various diversified Business Activities:
1) Owner of a rural gas station, engaged in industrial and domestic fuel supply since 25 years .
2) Founder-director of an Agro based state of the art, equipped with modern machinery, Food factory, engaged in manufacturing and supplying peanut based food bars since past 10 years. It is an ISO 14000 company.
3) Chairman of an education trust, Hirwal Education Trust, which runs educational institutes as in an English medium school(1st grade to 10th grade),Junior and Senior College affiliated to Mumbai University.
4) Director of a firm engaged in manufacturing, blending and packaging FEVICOL
for Pidilite Industries Ltd since 20 years.
5) Founder Director of two Agro Tourism and Eco Tourism resorts in reputed hill stations in Maharashtra state. Website as follows :
• At Mahabaleshwar “The Shamiana” www.theshamiana.com
• At Dapoli “Athaang” : www.kaular.com/athaanganjarle
6) Director of RISE INDIA GROUP, a company engaged in providing skill training to our youth in various sectors such as Driving, Education, Tailoring etc, in association with the Ministry of Skill India, at various locations pan India.
7) Head of the Raigad Cable Association, which provides cable and internet services to all the cities and towns of the district in Maharashtra state.
In lieu of the above, more than 1000 people have been provided employment through these activities. All the above commercial activities involve skilled labour and dedicated, qualified and passionate teams. All the processes are stringent with respect to quality and service. All of us together are committed to offer the best
product/service to our clients/customers, in keeping with the transparency and all government regulations. As can be seen above, due the vast experience in diverse fields, Mr Kishor Dharia can be a guiding force, capable administrator and an asset to any committee to pursue/set up project.