Founder & CEO, Tech Girls Movement
Dr. Jenine Beekhuyzen is a futurist who believes existing structures in the technology industry must change in order to serve tomorrow’s digital landscape, and that our children’s future job prospects depend on it. Her focus is on leadership, innovation, and education to champion Australian tech entrepreneurship, and address the necessary rebalancing of gender roles within the traditionally male-dominated Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) space.
As a renowned advocate for technology innovation and diversity in STEM, Jenine draws on her unparalleled experience, encompassing:
• 18 years of internationally published academic research and university teaching
• 12 years as CEO of her own technology consulting company, Adroit Research
• As a real life ‘caped crusader’, Jenine has devoted more than 5 years to her not-for-profit Tech Girls Movement Foundation, and has distributed 80 000 free copies of her beloved books, “Tech Girls are Superheroes Vol 1 & 2” (Volume 3 scheduled for release in 2019) , and “Tech Girls Are Chic!”
In her highly illuminating presentations, Dr. Beekhuyzen discusses her vision for Australia’s future in technology, including the changes that will prove critical in helping leaders break traditional approaches that currently hold us back. More importantly, she proposes practical solutions that can mobilise a new generation of leaders and innovators who are committed to solving real world problems with technology.
Jenine’s unwavering commitment to advocacy has seen her awarded on the world stage:
● 2018 Women in Digital Award for Educational Leadership
● 2017 recipient of the prestigious Pearcey Award for Entrepreneur of the Year for Qld
● 2016 Westpac/Fairfax 100 Woman of Influence
● 2016 Griffith University Sciences Alumnus of the Year
● 2016/2017 Advance Queensland Digital Champion
● 2014 Australian Information Industries Association (AIIA) Queensland ICT Woman of the Year
● 2014 Microsoft Community Educator of the Year
● 2012 Claudio Ciborra Award for Innovation in Research (Europe)