Founder & Director at Turning Point
Psychologist & mental health activists involved in transforming the life of people suffering from chronic mental illness & fighting for their rights for last 20 years.
Key Career Accomplishments
• Creating the first day care center (Turning Point) in India which was activity centered therapy center nurturing the creative pursuits of MI people
• Started Disha- the child guidance center for children
• Started Parent’s group in Kolkata
• Eastern regional Director of NAMI,India
• Written columns in the Times of India & Telegraph on Mental health for almost 5 years
• Written & edited the Book Abujh Mon which depicts how mental illness affects the whole family.
• Directed three documentaries “ From dusk to dawn “ & “Dare to Dream”,Open the door
• Have presented papers in national & International conferencesRecipient of national & International awards like David Feinsilver Award, Manthan Award, UGC-CEC Award, Barbo Sandin Award, Helen Keller Award, (2nd position) in International e-Health Competition, Metro Award, winner of Boston Pledge Competition & others.