Secretary General, Association of Nordic Engineers
Former Latvian diplomat with 17 years’ experience in stakeholder management, negotiation, advocacy and communication. Multilingual natural communicator and networker, able to reformulate complex issues in understandable way for lay audiences and comfortable making speeches in five languages: Latvian, Russian English, French and Danish.
Current employment: Secretary General in the Association of Nordic Engineers.
Former jobs: the European Environment Agency, Baltic Development Forum, Permanent Representation of the Republic of Latvia to the EU, Parliament of the Republic of Latvia.
Education: Master’s degree in diplomacy from Paris XI University.
– mobilising partners from countries, international organisations and business community in the cross-border cooperation,
– leading the coordination of capacity building and awareness raising activities in countries of the Mediterranean, Central Europe and Caucasus regions,
– promoting stakeholders’ interests in different topics, such as education, including STEM, research, space, environment and energy,
– working closely with the European Union institutions,
– managing remote multi-disciplinary teams in multicultural environment,
– organising high-level events and conducting fundraising activities.
Born in 1976 in Riga, Latvia. Studied in Paris, worked in Brussels and since December 2007 settled in Copenhagen. Married, mother to 12 years old son Teo and bonus mother to 19 years old daughter Anna.