Advisor, Special Projects, Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris
Farhat Jamal serves as Advisor Special Projects to The Indian Hotels Company Limited.
Bringing all-round experience of building and managing large hospitality businesses, Farhat is a highly accomplished seasoned hotelier. He has worked with Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces in India and overseas in various capacities for close to three decades. During his years with the Taj, he was the Senior Vice President Operations responsible for hotel operations in Western India and Africa, Vice President and General Manager of Taj Mahal Palace & Towers Mumbai, General Manager of Taj Lands End, Taj President, Taj Coromandel and Deputy General Manager of Crown Plaza London St. James & 51 Buckingham Gate Luxury Suites. Farhat has also served as President and Chief Operating Officer for The Lalit Hotels, Palaces & Resorts, and as Area Manager for Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, overseeing their India, Sri Lanka and Maldives operations.
Farhat is an Alumni of IHM, PUSA and completed programs on Leadership from Cornell University and is also a Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) from AHLA. Farhat loves sports particularly cricket, he’s an avid reader and traveler.
Farhat has received many accolades and recognitions for his outstanding contribution to the hospitality industry.
• Awarded at Senior Vice President of the Year 2017/18 by Hotelier India
• Lifetime Achievement Award 2017 for Contribution to Hospitality Industry, Pacific Area Travel Writers Association, ITB, Berlin
• Selected among the 100 most influential people in the Hospitality Industry-2013, Hotelier India
• Hall of Fame award – 2006 by Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Pusa New Delhi
• Featured in Business India as an outstanding Hotelier in 2007
• Winner of the Best Hotelier of the Year – 2006 by Pacific Area Travel Writers Association
• Winner of Business Traveler Magazine Award for Best Business Hotel in India – 2005 at Hong Kong
• Best Internal Communication Hotel in Taj Group to Taj Lands End – 2004
• Winner of Best Business Hotel in India for Taj Lands End – 2003 By CNBC/Business Asia Magazine
• Indira Super Achievers Award for achieving Excellence in Hospitality Industry – 2003
• 5 Star Diamond Award – 2001 from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences
• Hall of Fame Award – 1999 by Pacific Area Travel Writers Association
• Best Business Hotel in India to Taj President – 1998 by the Hotel and Food Service magazine
• Recognized as a Green Hotelier by the International Hotel and Restaurant Association for efforts to improve environmental performance of the Taj President
• Best Business Hotel for Taj Coromandel, Chennai – 1995, 1996 & 1997 by the Department of Tourism, Government of India
• National Achievers Award – 1995 by The International Business Council for outstanding contribution in hotel industry
• Chosen as a front-runner in the Executive Focus Column in Business India in 1994/2010