Dr. V.V Manjula Kumari
CSR Director & Advisor, NGO PVR Foundation
Fifteen years of dedicated experience in Physiotherapy treating rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and skeletal & muscle illnesses. Good expertise in the formulation & execution of varied therapy programs and performing patient assessment. Knowledge of implementing acute patient care, creating awareness regarding physiotherapy and conservative management of obesity. Motivational speaker and educator on organ donation.
• Sound knowledge of human anatomy and internal body structures
• Knowledge of hydrotherapy and electrotherapy
• Extensive knowledge of the techniques of improving body movements, restoring mobility, and strengthening muscles
• Experience in rehabilitating addicted and majorly injured patients
• Broad knowledge of new technologies and medical equipment
• Sensitive, tactful, tolerant, and patient
• Ability to build good relationship with patients from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent problem solving and practical skills
• Excellent command over written and oral communication
Lecturer and clinical in charge of physiotherapy OPD, from 1/06/2004-30/09/2012 in SIMS College of physiotherapy
Responsibilities as Clinical in charge In Physiotherapy OPD:
• Completed the task of planning and implementing individual intervention in collaboration with the patients by using graded exercises
• Monitored and evaluated treatments to measure the progress and ensure effectiveness of the intervention
• Offered the evaluation of treatments of pediatric and orthopedic cases
• Inspected various physiotherapy divisions within the organization along with the concerned consultants and collected referrals whenever possible
• Contributed to the decisions with regard to client dealings and patient care programs • Performed various treatments for patients affected with cerebro vascular accident, multiple sclerosis spinal cord lesion, and motor neuron disease
• Executed manipulation and mobilization of peripheral and spinal joints.
• Treated patients with swelling, pain, and joint stiffness in knees, feet, hips, hands, and spine
• Set up the equipment and prepared patients for therapies
• Prepared case notes and reports of the patients
• Identified physical problems of the patients
• Practiced effective physiotherapies for improving body movements and strengthening muscles of the patients
• Regularly updated the senior Doctors about the patient statuses
Responsibilities As a lecturer:
To mentor the students in assessment and evaluation of various muscle skeletal conditions and physiotherapy interventions related to them.
Teaching and Clinical Training of Under Graduate (BPT) Students.