Dr. Mridula Tandon
Founder Member and President of SAKSHI
Dr. Mridula Tandon, medical doctor, entrepreneur, philanthropist, founder member and President of SAKSHI, a not-for profit registered organisation, and The Legacy Project, is widely recognized for her social work and expertise in Education, Poverty Alleviation, Women’s Empowerment, and Revival Of India’s Cultural Heritage. She is
•an acknowledged and respected name in Women’s empowerment issues.
• Expert speaker on various intellectual fora, Television, Radio and Print Media
•Consultant for and Committee Member on Gender issues at prestigious Govt and Non-Govt organizations like : Ministry of Defence, IGNOU, Sports Authority of India, NCC, DRDO, ITDC etc
•Promotes Social Enterpreneurship. Brought SAKSHI as NGO partner to the Janhit Jagran initiative of India’s largest circulated daily newspaper— Dainik Jagran
• Board member of Friendicoes Seca an animal welfare organisation affiliated with Wildlife sos
•Member of CSIR ‘s “High Level Expert Committee”, to select the winner of CAIRD Award which carries a citation and Rs 10 lakhs prize money, from the Govt of India, given by the Prime Minister annually
•Regularspeaker on All India Radio , Doordarshan, CNBC, on “Women’s Issues & Sexual Harassment” Has been video recorded by National Institute of Mass Communication on “Vocational Training of Girls” & by ANI TV, from USA on “Women’s Empowerment.
• Regularly called as Chief Guest at academic and government functions and
• hosted visits to Sakshi from luminaries like US Global Ambassador for Women’s Issues, Ms. Melanne Verveer, John Woods, CEO, Room to Read, Princess Alexandra of Denmark.
• Her articles on social issues are regularly published in various print and online media
•Promotes Indian Music, Literature, Dance and Arts through meaningful programs. Held over 40 major cultural programs till date at prestigious venues with International and National artists.