Dr. Aravind Chinchure
Founder & CEO, QLeap Academy
Aravind Chinchure holds a PhD in Physics, and has an experience spanning 25 years in R&D, innovation, intellectual property, startup incubation, social development, venture investment, policy, consulting and teaching. He is a Founder & CEO of QLeap Academy (http://qleap.in) focused on creating 21st century professionals and leaders, and serving as a Chair Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Symbiosis International University, Pune, India (https://siu.edu.in/siu-study-faculties.php#chair). He is credited with designing and implementing India’s first two-year residential and experiential MBA course on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune. He is very active in social innovation, entrepreneurship and development through his associations with following organizations:
1. Board member and mentor of India’s largest social and for-profit incubator Sandbox Startups (https://sandboxstartups.org)
2. Board member and advisor to Swayan Sikshan Prayog (https://www.sspindia.org) focused on creating grassroot women entrepreneurs and leaders for sustainable development.
3. Board member of Gyanome (https://gyanome.org) focused on education for all
4. Advisor and mentor to Development Dialogue (https://www.developmentdialogue.org, https://www.developmentdialogue.org/collaborators)
5. Member of International Advisory Board of Intellectual Property Models for Accelerating Sustainability Transitions (IPACST) project (https://ip4sustainability.org/advisory-board/)
6. Mentor of corporate Startup Accelerator JioGenNext Hub (https://www.jiogennext.com/mentors)
7. International Expert (IP & Innovation) for World Bank funded project in Bangladesh. Offered guidance for over three years to ten research projects to develop innovative solutions for resource poor people (http://www.heqep-ugc.gov.bd)
8. Member of International Committee of World Bank to develop programs for Higher Education Acceleration & Transformation (HEAT) to be implemented in South Asian countries
9. Collaborator of Centre for Frugal Innovation, Hamburg Technical University, Hamburg, Germany (http://cfi.global-innovation.net)
10. Member of Scientific Advisory of Prashanti Cancer Care Mission (http://www.prashanticancercare.org)
Previously, Dr. Chinchure was working as “Asst. Vice President – Innovations” at Reliance Innovation Leadership Centre (RILC), Pune. Prior to joining RILC, he has worked at Honeywell Technology Solutions, Bangalore, General Electric (GE) Global Research Centre, Bangalore, Kammerlingh Onnes Laboratory, Leiden University, Netherlands, and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai. He was a visiting research student/scientist at the University of Oxford, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Southampton University, UK, Institute of Applied Physics (IAPD), Dresden, Max-Plank Institute, Stuttgart & Dresden, Germany, and Paul Scherer Institute (PSI) Zurich and other universities. He is recipient of international fellowships from European Union, Dutch Academy of Sciences, Max-Plank Institute, TIFR and Department of Science & Technology (India). He has authored 28 research articles published in international journals in the area of condensed matter physics and has filed 4 patents as lead and co-inventor in different geographies including US, Europe, Japan in the area of fuel cells. You can find more details of his past and current activities at http://www.aravindchinchure.com.