Human Resource Assistant at USDA
Human Resource Assistant – Temp Staff – Forest Service, USDA, Albuquerque, NM.
GS-0230-04 – Temporary HR Staffing located on a Forest Service unit where are required a variety of substantive clerical tasks in human resources; building positions, confirmations letters, qualifications, intake, announcements, verifications and coding; eTracker, EmpowHR, eForms, National finance Center (NFC), Position Management System Online (PMSO), Connect HR, eRecruit, agLearn
• Performs substantive processing for all types of personnel actions except those of an unusual or difficult nature, creative thinking, resourcefulness, resolving issues, organizaing and maintaining database.
• Maintains controls and ensures processing of all types of personnel actions pertaining to appointments, separations, extension of employment limitations, retirements; maintaining appropriate audit administrative files, time control information and data needed to track pertinent infromation to assist the audit team.
• Receives requests for personnel actions and assures packets are complete and accurate. Gathers background information and ensures that actions cite appropriate authorities, and that all data and coding are correct. Routes requests and coordinates processing to ensure requests are acted upon in a timely manner.
• Guidelines include Federal Personnel Manuals, Department Personnel Manuals, and Forest Service Manuals; NFC Handbooks; agency policy and regulations, and Forest Service operating procedures. Instructions on supplemental forms are usually self-explanatory
• Audits reports/printouts from various human resources systems to ensure that stored data is correct, assists audit team with the compilation, arrangement and evaluation of data and preparation of audit working papers.
• Assists in maintaing appropriate audit administrative files, interpreting terminology, regulations, proceduresand data for preparing and processing administrative documents.
• Uses word processing software to produce forms, reports, and general correspondence. Transmits and receives documents and messages electronically. Is responsible for correct spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation, and for applying routing and clearance procedures.