Founder Director, Wings to fly the Foundation
Occupation: Social Entrepreneur, Founder Wings to Fly the Foundation, works for women empowerment.
Guest speaker at doordarshan on women empowerment different subjects and women rights.
Had worked with HDFC BANK as demate operation head.
I founded The Wings to fly Foundation which works for women empowerment and child welfare.as a rehabilitation project of the women of the marginalized communities in Gujarat Working to transform the women in Ahmedabad involved in bootlegging, theft and shoplifting, Wings to fly has rehabilitated, imparted vocational training, empowered them and brought many women in the mainstream. The initiative was undertaken to ensure that these women are provided with gainful employment, get the allotted coverage of government schemes, and consequently improve other indicators of standard of living. The idea behind guiding the project was that mainstreaming into society and gainful employment play key role in bringing stability in the chequered lives of these women.
We recognized five alternative professions which could provide long-term employment opportunities to these women, viz. Traditional Handicrafts, Jewellery Making, Paper Products, Stitching and Beauty & Wellness.
During the last five years, the progress made by them has been huge. We have succeeded in providing the need for these 2000 women. All these women are now either self-employed – making traditional handicrafts or jewellery products, or have steady jobs with other companies, including international companies such as urban clap
• Godrej Saloon (i) partnered with us to provide Beauty & Wellness training to 400 women, all of whom are now employed at various saloons and wellness centres on the city.
• Urban Clap hired 3 girls from our first batch of women students.
• A manufacturing unit at Kubernagar was setup with the help of L&T and Rotary Club Metro Ahmedabad. The unit produces 100% bio-degradable sanitary pads made of banana leaves.
• Diva saloon with TATA TRUSTS to give employment to deprived girls at kubernager Ahmedabad.
• Beauty and wellness training centre at viratnager
Other Activities under Wings to Fly
Vocational Training for Females:
• Hand-made Meenakari handicrafts training at Bareja, Ahmedabad
• Handmade chocolates at Makarba for females, Ahmedabad
• Candle and Agarbatti making at Dholka, Ahmedabad
• Garment manufacturing at Viramgam, Ahmedabad
• Mehdi classes at Viramgam, Ahmedabad
• Self Defence program for girls at Sanand, Ahmedabad
• Traffic awareness in rural Ahmedabad for students at Dholka, Sanand, Bavla, Viramgam, Bareja, Changodar, etc.
• Career guidance seminar for students who completed their 12 and graduation at Dholka, Makarba and Viramgam with liberty academy.
• 7- Day Taekwondo martial art training programme for 55 girls at Dholka village.
1. Udaan Award on Women’s day 2014.
2. CMSB National award, For Best NGO 2014.
3. Certificate for Work toward women empowerment, by Mayor Ahmedabad City and Commissioner Ahmedabad city police 2014.
4. Nominated for Swayam Sidhdha Awards, GCCI, 2015.
5. Udgam women achievers award for women empowerment.
6. Unsung hero by Accor group hotels 2017
7. Award for women empowerment work by rotary club Ahmedabad metro 2016-2017
8. Unsung hero award at NATIONAL YOUTH CONFERENCE Yugantar award 2019