Senior Specialist Workers’Activities, International Labour Organization
• Amrita Sietaram is Senior Workers Specialist at the Bureau for Worker’s Activities (ACTRAV) at the International Labour Organization (ILO). The ILO is the only international tri-partite organization (Governments, Employers- and Workers ‘Organizations) and the oldest member of the UN family.
• ACTRAV ensures that the concerns of workers ‘organizations are taken into consideration in the policy development and activities of the International Labour Office.
• Amrita is of Indian origin, born in Suriname and raised in The Netherlands. She holds a degree in Social Sciences has a solid trade union background and has been working with the National Christian Trade Union Centre (CNV) before joining the ILO.
• Within ACTRAV she has been the focal point for various policy issues, such as Gender and Equality, HIV and AIDS, Violence at the Workplace, Rural Economies, Maternity Protection and Child Labour.
• She will represent ACTRAV/ILO at the sixty-second session of the United Nation Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) at the UN Headquaters in New York.