Director, Nehru Centre London
Described as ‘India’s first literary popstar’ by world-renowned film director Shekhar Kapur, Amish’s unique combination of crackling story-telling, religious symbolism and profound philosophies has turned him into an Indian publishing phenomenon, with spiritual guru Deepak Chopra hailing Amish’s books as ‘archetypal and stirring’.
Amish’s 6 books till now — The Immortals of Meluha (2010), The Secret of the Nagas (2011) and The Oath of the Vayuputras (2013), which collectively comprise the Shiva Trilogy, and Ram – Scion of Ikshvaku (Book 1 of the Ram Chandra Series) (2015), Sita – Warrior of Mithila (Book 2 of the Ram Chandra Series) (2017), and Immortal India – Young Country, Timeless Civilisation (Amish’s first non-fiction book) (2017) — have 4 million copies in print with Gross retail sales of Rs. 120 crores.
His books have been translated into 10 Indian and 9 International languages.
The Shiva Trilogy is the fastest selling book series in Indian publishing history. The Ram Chandra Series is the second fastest selling book series in Indian publishing history.
Few Notable Accolades:
1) Ustad Bismillah Khan Award for contribution to Indian Culture 2018
2) Distinguished Alumnus Award (IIM Calcutta) 2017
3) Icon of the Year Award 2017
4) Raymond Crossword Book Award 2016
5) Dainik Bhaskar Literature Award 2016
6) Pride of India Award (Literature) 2014 & 2015
7) Forbes Magazine has listed Amish amongst the 100 Most Influential Celebrities in India (in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018)
8) GQ 50 Most Influential Young Indians
9) Selected as an Eisenhower Fellow, a prestigious American programme for outstanding leaders from around the world
Amish is a graduate of IIM-Calcutta and worked for 14 years in the financial services industry before turning to full-time writing