Head of Marketing (Vodafone Idea Business Services, Karnataka) | Economic Times Young Leader 2017 Winner
My name is Akshayita Saxena. I was born and brought up in Mumbai. I have an excellent academic record being a topper all through high school up to graduation. Soon after I did my MBA from the prestigious SP Jain Institute of Management & Research. I am currently Head of Marketing for Vodafone Idea Business Services, Karnataka . In 2017, I was awarded the prestigious Economic Times Young Leader 2017 award – a national recognition program which sees the participation of 26000+ working professionals in India . As a Heartfulness meditation practitioner (since 2006) and trainer (since 2016), I am passionate about applying and sharing meditation as a self-awareness tool to improve personal and workplace relationships and productivity. I am fortunate to have been raised in a family which gives immense importance to contributing to the welfare of the society. My parents both very successful in their fields have always emphasized on the importance of helping in social causes to the best of our capacities. This quality is deeply ingrained in me since my formative years.
A peek into what that has been like:
• I was eleven when I first delivered my first motivation speech at the National Defence Academy to a crowd of 1000 plus NSS cadets who at the time were in their late adolescence.
• Through high school, I continued to volunteer for Value Based educational talks across schools, homes for the people with special needs (National Association for the Blind). Together with my sister we cofounded a club, “Each One Teach Some” club to mentor children of domestic help in our neighbourhood.
• Social Internship with Tata Institute of Social Sciences & Ladakh Autonomous Developmental Hill Council (Leh): This has to be one of my fondest and greatest learning experiences of my life. It was a brief but truly humbling and sensitising experience in the harsh winters of Leh where I was conducting the impact assessment of Total Sanitation campaign, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (MGNREGS), and Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) in Leh for the year 2010-11.
• I also had the opportunity to represent India at the prestigious Harvard Project for Asian & International Relations Conference at Taipei
• Heartfulness Trainer (since 2016) and volunteer to initiatives centred around building a sustainable platform/marketplace for Small Office Home Office owners (hfnlife), contribution of which helps not only the partners but also proceeds entirely used for other initiatives (Plantation Drives “Green Kanha”/ School connect/Village connect programs)
• Currently Head of marketing for Vodafone Idea Business Services, Karnataka (One of the youngest vertical heads/leadership role in the organisation)