Owner,studio aarushi bafna
I am Aarushi bafna. I trace my roots back to Jaipur, Rajasthan. I did my schooling from Maharani Gayatri Devi Girl’s school and further got my professional degree in Architecture from Balwant Sheth school of Architecture, Mumbai.
I am an Architect and a designer. Currently doing commercial projects with a renowned chef Ajay Chopra and a few other residential projects, I am in the process of establishing my own design studio. Being a design enthusiast, I am also part of art classes for underprivileged. At a young age of 25, I have been lucky to be felicitated with various awards and achievements in my field:
• Felicitated as Design Partner at IDE Hotelier Summit 2017
• Jury choice Design Diva Award 2017 in collaboration with Elle Decor
• Top 8 Furniture designs @Goderej Design Lab (an international design competition), India Design week 2017, New delhi
• Design felicitated and displayed @L’affaire at Hubble, Godrej interio
• 100% Design Scholarship Grant by Instituto Marangoni, Milan
• Published as a Designer @AD March’17 issue
@Grazia May’17 issue
@Hello May’17 issue
@Godrej design Lab Cover issue at ID
• Kala Ghoda Art Festvial’14 – Mithya
– Choreographed shadows
• Awarded best “senior student” position in SCIENCE for secondary school examination 2008.
• Kalpana Chawla Memorial Award and scholarship 2009
• Part of 361* DESIGN CONFERENCE’10.
…………………………………………………….And many more
Being a research enthusiast, my work weaves interior and exterior spaces, from large architectural ideas to the smallest of furniture details. I aim to be an agent of change by transforming the traditional use of various materials and crafts, and generating designs in the areas beyond the conventional boundaries of architecture including furniture, product, fashion etc. I believe that just by generating more employment in the craft sector we can uplift living conditions of thousands of women in our country. Coming from a city of art and handicrafts, I am moved by the idea of celebrating craft with high degree of refinement and creating spaces that give a pause. I believe in taking the past into an intricate design form creating the future.