President The Bar Association of India, The Bar Association of India
• President, The Bar Association of India
• President, Society of Indian Law Firms
• Chairman, CIArb India
• Past President, Inter Pacific Bar Association
• Former Chairman, Film Certification Appellate Tribunal of India
• Honorary Life Member, International Bar Association
• Chairman, CII National Committee on Dispute Resolution
• Chairman, PHD Chamber Committee on Corporate Affairs
• Member, ICC International Court of Arbitration
• Former Chairman, Delhi Bar Council (1973 – 1977)
• Executive Vice President, Indo American Chamber of Commerce
Awarded Doctor of Laws (LL. D.) Honoris Causa by Jaipur University in 2013 .He was awarded the Plaque of Honour by the Prime Minister of India in 2002 for outstanding contribution to the Rule of Law. In 2007, the President of India presented the National Law Day Award to Lalit Bhasin.
His areas of specialization include Aviation, Employment and Labour Laws, Corporate Law, Entertainment and Media Laws; Constitutional Law; Banking and Finance; Consumer Protection Laws; Dispute Resolution Practice.