WEFx- Tomar Portugal 2018 “WOMEN DREAM WEAVERS”
WHAT IS IT and WHO ARE WE?
• A Conference of Women sharing how they have weaved their dreams into the tapestry of Life
• We are a Team of women and supportive men committed to fostering change in a positive and collaborative way for ALL, creating pathways for healthy communication and productive connections towards a more balanced world. We are formed under the ALL Ladies League Tomar Chapter, with the support of Linda’s School, a local language School and Associação de Saúde do Médio Tejo (Middle Tajo Mental Health Association).
• Our main aim, other than above mentioned guidelines, is to be as sustainable as possible and are placing much attention on all possible details towards creating a totally environmentally friendly Event, not only avoiding waste, but also creating a balanced environment filled with supportive and loving people, joyfully enhancing each other’s best potentials.
HOW AND FOR WHOM?
100 Women residing in Portugal (of Portuguese or foreign nationality, but that can communicate in Portuguese) share for 15 minutes:
• 1 Dream
• Obstacles and challenges to its realization
• How the latter were overcome
• What it is like to live the dream come true
Note 1:These can be spoken about in any order
Note 2:Though Women residing in Portugal will be given priority, if there are still vacancies to fill the 100 slots, we will also be accepting applications from Women residing overseas who can communicate in Portuguese and will inform everyone about the final layout only on the first week of March, since the deadline for registration is the 28th of February.
Delegates from any country around the world are welcome to attend, both women and men, though they cannot apply as speakers for this event, and must understand Portuguese.
WHAT IS OUR CONCEPT OF A DREAM?
A personal, work, community or family endeavor.
• Building a business / association / organization / project / volunteering
• Achieving a personal life aim (change of marital status, maternity, change of residence, change related to education or with a spiritual path, economic change);
• Sports aim/achievement; overcoming a challenging illness or handicap; creating something that was personally challenging
AIMS OF THE WOMEN DREAM WEAVERS EVENT
• Giving a voice to Women by creating a Communication Platform through which they can express their wisdom, sharing it in a motivating and inspiring way, in order to establish cooperative synergies, stimulating partnerships, mutual respect and harmony amongst Women from all walks of life.
• Dismantling competitiveness and comparing amongst Women, reinforcing a supportive atmosphere where all nurture and motivate each other, recognizing each other as peers. Practicing the principle that by contributing towards the common good, towards the strength and fulfilment of all, through encouragement and recognition of the unique qualities each one has to offer to the world, we are creating Peace, Love and Balance for all.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING:
•Love and all other benefits that come from Love
•New Personal and Interpersonal Potentials
•Feature in the Event’s Newsletter which will be bilingual (Portuguese and English) and will following these guidelines:
During the 9 months after the event ( starting in April 2018 and ending in December 2018) the stories of 11 women will be shared (12 in the last edition). These stories will comprise the content presented at the Event and will be sent to our secretariat by the 15th of May, with the exception of the stories for April’s edtion, which will have to be sent in by the 30th of March. Together with each story all of the Speaker’s contacts, logo, website and so on will be featured, when each author so chooses.
The text will have a maximum of 500 words.
Our Organizing Team reserves the right to edit the text when necessary, not in terms of content but in terms of structure, grammar and vocabulary.
NOTE: We reinforce that this is a non-profit Event.
What is in it for us?
The same as for all participants:
•Always and above All: Love
VOLUNTEERS We thank any help that comes our way, for we believe in cooperation and in the creation of joint synergies. Though this event will comprise only women as speakers, we have also men on our organizing team and welcome both men and women as volunteers.
In case you wish to cooperate with us, all you need to do is contact us and express this intention.
WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM Overview
An associate of ALL Ladies League (ALL), the Women Economic Forum (WEF) is a global conference to foster empowering conversations and connections among women committed to foster constructive change in ALL walks of life.
WEF events are mega enablers of peer-exchange and learning in a diverse and interdisciplinary context, and are a powerhouse for massive connections and networking across the globe. Our events take place throughout the year and across the world, empowering women to expand their business opportunities and increase their global influence. WEF also welcomes men who support the cause of women’s leadership in ALL walks of life.
Our vision remains philanthropic, our spirit non-profit and our mode collaborative. We are here to unleash the power of each One through the power of our Oneness.
ABOUT ANNUAL WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM 2018
The annual WEF in India is a mega marquee six day galactic gathering held each year in New Delhi in last week of April or early May. Regional WEF conferences are held in different countries throughout the year and around the world to focus on issues concerning that region.
The annual WEF 2018 is from April 26th to 1st May, 2018 in New Delhi on the theme is “The Economics of Goodness: Empowering Potential, Engineering Change.” The annual WEF 2018 will attract over 2000 women from 150 countries making it the largest ever diverse global event.